- Save target searches (Desktop Only) so you can quickly run them again and find the guys you like.
- Set up auto-notifications so you get a message whenever a
new/updated member or posting matches your criteria.
Setting Up a Saved Target Search and
- Click any “Target Search*”, fill out the details you’re interested in and click “Search”.
- At the top of the search results page, you'll see a “Save This Search” button. Click it.
- You'll be asked to specify a label for the search. Be specific so you'll remember it later.
- Select your notification method.
- Click the Submit button.
*You can find Target Searches under the menus across the top
of a Squirt page – Live Chat, Profiles, Cruising, Message Boards,
Cocktales, and Member Videos. The Saved Search/Auto-Notification option
is available for all Target Searches except Member Videos.
Setting Up Comments and New Local Content Auto-Notifications
Set up an Auto-Notification to
keep up on new comments posted to your favorite Cruising Listings,
Message Boards or Cocktales
- Go to a listing, posting or story and scroll to the bottom of the page to the Get Notified section.
- Select the desired option to receive email notifications when new comments are added.
- Click the Submit button.
Using a Saved Search
After saving your target search, you can easily run the same
- Click Target Search under the menu item where you've saved a search.
- Select an item from the Saved Search menu. You can find
this menu at the top of the search portion of the page.
Using an Auto-Notification
If you've set up an Auto-Notification, you'll receive an email to either your Squirt inbox or Personal email inbox (if you have provided us with the permission to send you email to your private email address) when relevant new content is added to Squirt. The email will include a link that you can click to bring up the search or page you saved.
View and Manage your Saved Searches & Auto-Notifications
To manage your Saved Searches
& Auto-Notifications, position your pointer over Settings in
the top-right corner of a Squirt page, then select Saved
All searches that you've previously saved will appear in a list. You can Edit, Reactivate or Delete them. All notifications automatically expire after three months, so you may need to reactivate them here.
“Edit” allows you to modify the name and how you receive your Auto-Notifications.
“Reactivate” allows you to reactivate a notification that has expired. Saved Searches expire after three months and need to be reactivated to continue to be available.
“Delete” will permanently delete the Saved Search/Auto-Notification. Select the appropriate box(es) then scroll down and click the Delete Selected button.
Not Receiving Notifications?
Auto-Notifications automatically expire after three months. To
check the status of your Notifications, on the desktop version of
Squirt, position your pointer over Settings in the top-right corner of
a Squirt page, then select Saved Searches. If your search is inactive,
you’ll see a red “Reactivate” button next to it in the
If your notification is active and you're still not receiving it to your external email, your email service may be directing it to your junk folder. Here are some tips to help resolve this:
- Check your spam / junk / trash folder to see if they are being delivered there.
- Click "Not Spam" next to any notifications in your junk folder.
- Add "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your email safe list.
- Make sure you have the correct email address on file with your Squirt account.